Disruptive Juxtaposition

Monday, November 20, 2006

The charm offensive

Otis Rush, All My Loving.

Shout Out Louds, Howl Howl Gaff Gaff.

Andrew Bird, Andrew Bird & The Mysterious Production of Eggs.

Joanna Newsom, The Milk-Eyed Mender.

*

Sadly, there's been no time to read poems, write them, or run.

*

This town darkens quickly. Valley life. I also suspect that the absence of material in the atmosphere means that light doesn't catch on anything. Ambient light levels stay low.

*

I'm bringing back the use of "presently" for "right away" or "as soon as I can." Who's with me?

*

Tonight's post title is brought to you by Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, which deserves your patronage.

2 Comments:

  • "Happy Thanksgiving" To Your Whole Family !!! Your All included in our prayers....Remember....You have Much to be Thankful for....You have your family,friends and All those who love and care....Love to You All !!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:01 PM  

  • "Presently" is okay, but I prefer to use "directly" for the same purpose.

    By Blogger Anthony Robinson, at 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home