Disruptive Juxtaposition

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Current listening

The Decemberists, The Crane Wife.

Thievery Corporation, Sounds from the Thievery Hi-Fi.

Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Summer in the Southeast.

Talking Heads, Talking Heads '77.

British Sea Power, Open Season.

Marc Ribot y Los Cubanos Postizos (The Prosthetic Cubans), self-titled.

Tortoise, self-titled.

The Thrills, So Much For the City.

Vashti Bunyan, Just Another Diamond Day.

Vashti Bunyan, Lookaftering.

Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs, Under the Covers.

Neko Case, Blacklisted.

Tortoise and Bonnie "Prince" Billy, The Brave and the Bold.

4 Comments:

  • The Crane Wife!

    It's so rare that I've even *heard* of the music you write about, let alone come across one that I'm currently loving myself. (Not that I don't think your music is probably great - any time I know it, I love it - but you just find so much *more* of it that I do.) Anyway, hi. :)

    By Blogger Jaime, at 8:00 AM  

  • Seriously, whenever he brings new music home it's Christmas. I have no clue what's inside, but it's always superlative.

    Aside from the occasional sweater from grandma *cough*beefheart*cough*.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:43 PM  

  • How are you liking "Summer in the Southeast"?

    By Blogger Anthony Robinson, at 1:00 PM  

  • 'Tis November 2, and I am anxiously awaiting a new post from my favorite blogger. Earth to William...no pressure, just expressing my interest.
    As for W's other advocates, haven't we all checked this last post more than twice?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home