Disruptive Juxtaposition

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Every time you close your eyes

So many student papers. Like, so.

*

RJ: from "Morning Song" by Sylvia Plath

Love set you going like a fat gold watch.

*

What kind of love? It doesn't matter at this point - the poem's first line - because I'm hooked. Whatever kind of love I'm inclined to read this love as - fraternal, sexual, paternal, pantheistic - I now have this ticking instrument in mind. & the reader's got to know what kind of love we're really discussing here. Also, how about the triple stress of "fat gold watch"? Love it.

*

Currently Arcade Firing. Aren't they due for another album? They've got to be sitting on a trunk full of songs by now. If my band's first album happened to be Funeral, I'd be nervous about my follow-up too. But hey guys, it's all good. Let us have what you've got.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home