Disruptive Juxtaposition

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Grist for the mill

These things come up in recent poems:

~ The 80s kids' show
Pee-Wee's Playhouse

~ Iggy Pop's Lust For Life

~ The "rule of thirds", a photographic principle which states that objects of importance should be on or near the points of intersection on a hypothesized 3x3 grid

~ Solar calculators

~ Big Lots discount superstores

~ Automatic sensor-based faucets in public restrooms

~ Faceoffs of substantial duration in Japanese manga

~ Zeno's Arrow

~ Childish impressions of Benito Mussolini

4 Comments:

  • Any chance of seeing said poems posted?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:42 PM  

  • Hmm. Maybe. I'll flip my worrystone: rubbed side up, I'll post one.

    By Blogger Wil, at 8:09 AM  

  • We have Big Lots near me.

    The first time I was in an airport restroom with an automatic sensor at the sink, I could not figure it out. I was looking all around for a handle. A little girl told me how to use it...

    I LOVED Pee-Wee's Playhouse.

    Are these subjects all in one poem?!

    By Blogger junebee, at 9:45 AM  

  • Hm...I used the Zeno thing in a poem I wrote about six years ago.

    If I remembered the name of it you could Google it.

    Hm.

    By Blogger Anthony Robinson, at 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home