Disruptive Juxtaposition

Friday, May 12, 2006

I broke laws to take this



I walked past this tree in the forest the other evening. The land belongs to a few theoretical farmers - I've never seen them - whose yellow "No Trespassing" signs make them seem way crotchety. The paths run through a fairly lovely middle-aged forest, only sparsely interrupted with cornfields. This tree smelled wonderful. It was sort of, um, bridal. There's no less awkward or more suitable word for it. There was a time when I'd've seen a tree in bloom like this and instantly gone to write something maudlin about it. But now I think that there are simpler and better ways to approach it.

3 Comments:

  • This picture, blown up large on the computer screen, was the first tooth-baring, genuine smile I had on my face this morning. Even James couldn't pull that smile out of me. Many thanks to you, oh sentimental one.
    -K

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:47 AM  

  • I'm not sentimental!

    No, no I am. _Shrugs._

    By Blogger Wil, at 7:57 AM  

  • Ooh, Wil, you criminal! ;)

    Nice pic.

    By Blogger junebee, at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home