Disruptive Juxtaposition

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Just now finished

~ An unseasonable yet awesome mug of coffee with hot chocolate,

~ Freddy and Fredericka by Mark Helprin, for which a review is forthcoming provided my ducks are not hostile to the notion of being put into rows,


~ A poem in the 2nd person, and, with it,

~ My eleventh notebook exclusively devoted to poetry.

*

I'd be silly to equate productivity with good poetry; I've never allowed myself to confuse the two. Still, to pen a final encapsulating quotation on the inside rear cover ("I'll believe in anything" - Wolf Parade) and to fwap the book closed... these things lead, maybe twice a year, to just this moment of quiet, uncanny contentment.

*

Health is O.K., incidentally. Thanks for all of your concern. I saw my doctor today, and despite a battery of tests he decided that, indeed, I remain the sort of strapping American youth you tend to see in all their raw profusion and staggering unremarkability in each one of these
50 industrious and budding states.

1 Comments:

  • And you'll soon be moving from one of the 50 industrious states to another.

    Glad to hear your health is ok.

    Start packing!

    By Blogger junebee, at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home