Disruptive Juxtaposition

Friday, December 09, 2005

Update for interested parties

o It's 1:02 AM.

o I've been writing a scene in "Good Ground" for the past 2 hours or so, high on Cafe Bustelo coffee, flashing back to writing stories for my undergraduate thesis in this loft up in my Terrace Apartment, sitting scrunched into a small Catholic school style desk that I purchased for $5, also high on Cafe Bustelo, listening to Pink Floyd's "Meddle" again and again.

o I've got a double V&T on my right, a lit candle on my left.

o I just ate two homemade meatballs from a pot of homemade sauce I made on Tuesday.

o I'm listening to The Arcade Fire on these brand-new headphones I just bought tonight to replace the headphones I broke last night.

o These things, despite a larger-scale overarching re-evaluation of my current lot in life, work, and place in the world, have inspired in me a sort of giddy happiness.

But now back to writing. Cheers, one and all.

1 Comments:

  • a) New headphones are maybe the greatest thing ever, second only to maybe new mittens. Warm ones.

    b) what scent candles?

    c) the best kind of happiness is the kind that ignores looming panic. And comes from vodka tonics!

    By Blogger Courtney, at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home