Disruptive Juxtaposition

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Name that tune

If I am lost for a day try to find me
But if I don't come back then I won't look behind me
All of the things that I thought were so easy
Just got harder and harder each day

December is darkest; in June there's the light
But this empty bedroom won't make anything right
While out on the landing a friend I forgot to send home
Who waits up for me all through the night



I dreamed I was dying as I so often do
And when I awoke I was sure it was true
I went to the window threw my head to the sky
And said whoever is up there, Please don't let me die

But I can't live forever, I can't always be
One day I'll be set on a beach by the sea
The pages keep turning; I'll mark off each day with a cross
And I'll laugh about all that I've lost

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home