Disruptive Juxtaposition

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Transformers

make an appearence in my currently-flawed epic poem "The McDonald's Poem". But what poem, Transformers or no Transformers, could ever compare with this?

Admen and -women, I hypothesize, have a simpler & more enjoyable life's work than anyone else. There exists in the panoply of 80s toys a wealth, a fund, nay an infinity of cultural touchstones just begging for corporations to co-opt them. And sure, toys naturally were always in corporate hands, becoming Big big business in the 80s I would argue, but that's not the point here. The point here is what they're being used for now, such as Citroen pitchmen. I say, Bloody brilliant. I say, I know this Autobot tells me nothing about Citroen cars but I do not care. I say, Well, I don't quite get the breakdancing approach, but it's no less arbitrary than say a samba. And finally I say, I can't wait to see what they come (back) up with next.

P.S. I think I recognize the dance the Autobot's doing. Is it not the breakdancing acumen of one Napoleon Dynamite? They're similar anyway. With the arm waves &c. Alright, it's time to do something of worth to someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home