Disruptive Juxtaposition

Friday, March 24, 2006

Bench press update

Who can bench press their own weight? Stifler! I mean, me. I can. Yes!

Only 200 lbs. to go. Look out, brother. I like the idea of making myself more like you this way.

*

Call me 14, but I still find Friendster to be a nice distracting black hole, time-wise. I find these online "digital-self" sites fascinating, even after their initial popularity settled out and they've become part of the culture - in part because selves aren't static, and maintaining a digital self that current to your actual living current self takes time. Same with this blog, sort of. If you're of a certain age and a certain disposition, you've got to come online and groom your digital presence the same way you brush teeth and comb hair in the AM. And you nose around to see how the grooming and looks and attitudes of the people you know and don't know seem lately. In that sense then, sites like these are like sitting on a park bench and watching the people stroll by.

4 Comments:

  • Wow, this is crazy. I was browsing the net this morning and happened to stumble across your blog. I was in your college composition courses you taught at the U of O last year. Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:28 AM  

  • The most I could bench pressed was 90 pounds. I could squat 100 pounds at that time too.

    The Internet is the new people-watching place. No more need to the bus terminal, airport, or shopping mall.

    By Blogger junebee, at 11:57 AM  

  • I benchpressed 240 once, believe it or not.

    And the astounding this is, I only weighted about 170 at the time.

    Now, 25 lbs heavier, I doubt I could do 140.

    It sucks to get old and fat, Wil. Don't do it!

    By Blogger Anthony Robinson, at 7:56 PM  

  • "I only weighted"

    erm...

    well, you know what I mean.

    By Blogger Anthony Robinson, at 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home